Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I have a question , hoping you can clear the confusion : No

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a question , hoping you can clear the confusion for me
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a valid I94 till august 2017 based on L1A visa status
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: But the original L1A visa got expired on feb 2015
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What is your specific question regarding your L1A?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I originally entered US with L1A visa (validity till 02 Feb 2015) and I94 also for the same date . This L1A visa was based on a blanket petition. In August 2014 I left US on a short trip while entering back at POE , I was given a new I94 till August 2017 on the same visa status (L1A).In other words the I94 date got extended and i continue to maintain the same visa status although the visa itself got expired in 02 feb 2015.Now I have an urgent personal commitment to go back to India on a short trip and want to return back to the states.
1. I understand that although I have a valid I94 I won't be able to return back just with the I94 as the original visa's stamped expiry date is already past. Automatic re-validation won't apply because I am traveling outside the contagious territory. Is this correct ?
2. What should I do to enter back in to united states. Will I be able to get visa stamping in a US consulate outside the united states by just showing the valid I94 date (till august 2017) . The original L1A visa was based on a blanket petition with indefinite expiry date .3. If 2 is not possible can I apply for an extension now I am told i CAN'T since my i94 expiry is farther than 6 monthsRegards,
Guruprasanna M

1. Yes, that is correct.

2. No you cannot get it by showing the I-94. Your i-94 expires each time you depart the US.

3. You do need an extension and you will have to try to explain to USCIS that your actual L1a petition is expired even if your I-94 is still valid

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello Guruprasanna, I see that you were able to view my response to you but you did not respond or ask any follow up question. I would like to earn your positive rating as your satisfaction is my #1 goal. Please let me know how else I can help or anything I can clarify for you.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.