Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I lived in the US 1971-1991. I have a card. I paid into

Customer Question

I lived in the US 1971-1991. I have a green card. I paid into social security for 20 years. I am 62. Is there any way I can collect the social security benefits that I earned during those 20 years? Sibba
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are currently outside of the U.S. and you gave up your green card status? What country are you from and living in?

To answer your question, I need to know what country you are from and living in so that I can see if there is a treaty between the U.S. and that country. You are not charged per question, per response nor per answer, so it cost you nothing to respect. I'd like to help, but I need to know what country you are from and living in. Thank you.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Without you telling me which country you are from and live in, I have to give you a general answer. Here is the official link:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10137.pdf

If you are from a country that the U.S. has a treaty with, you can have your payments continue.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!