Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

I went interview past week at newark nj. I passed tests. The

Customer Question

I went for naturalization interview past week at newark nj. I passed tests. The officer asked some questions from the form, and nothing is negative. I had one speeding ticket. No trip abroad for more than 6 months. She told me she would approve and I need to come back for oath. but then she said she need another officer to take a look. Last, she made some copies of my both current and expired passports and escorted me out. I asked when I would take oath? no reply. I was not employed at the time of interview I told her so. I have accepted an offer of a new job. Not sure it is negative.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Relax, not to worry.

This is standard procedure now with USCIS. Headquarters has taken all power away from the examiners to make determinations at the interview.

They must make their recommendation to their unit supervisor who has to sign off on the approval. Why? Because there were some shady USCIS examiners who were on the take and were being paid to approve cases.

So to prevent fraud the USCIS now has a process of examiners only being able to make the recommendation and the supervisors having to sign off on it before you are told whether you are approved or not.

They tell you "You will be getting a letter from us in the mail with the decision". Applicants take this to be a sign something is wrong but it is merely procedure that has to be followed now to ensure there are not crooked examiners approving cases for bribes of money.

If all went well and you had all the documentation she requested then there is o need to worry.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

I have sent you your offer for a telephone call.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On the Naturalization N652 form, the box B is Decision not yet made. The box A is recommendation for approval. She did not check Box A, she checked Box B.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I went to Newark office. Many got to take the oath ceremony the same day as interview. They did not wait for supervisor approval? So, the same procedure not applied to every body?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I decided not to use live option.
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Yes,but she also told you she would approve and you would have to come back to take the oath.

In cases of expedited naturalization same day oath taking is done because many of the eligibility requirements are waived.

She may be a probationary examiner whose work is still under supervision.

It most likely has nothing to do with you unless you are not telling me something about your past.

Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

I have been doing this for 35 years. If you do not believe me, that is your issue with trust. I am confident in what I have told you.

However, since you seem to want a pessimestic answer I aim to be agreeable and tell you that your case will be denied and that is why you were not approved at the interview.