Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Friend went to U.S consulate in Shanghai yesterday visa

Customer Question

Friend went to U.S consulate in Shanghai yesterday for B2 visa interview. Got a 221(g) slip asking her to provide "hospital bills" in order to have her application further processed. Friend's last visit to U.S was almost 5 years ago. She came in the country with a B visa, stayed more than 5 months, gave birth to a baby here.
Question: is the situation very bad? What if can't find the bills? Can her OB BYN doctor's bill be useful? My friend paid for almost every bill the hospital gave her, but might missed a couple bills.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It can be bad. They don't like it when public funds are used to give birth to a baby in the U.S. It's basically that you and I paid for her child's birth and that's not fair. At least that's how they see it, if you know what I mean. How many bills do you think were let unpaid and in what amount? Can she get proof of what she paid?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you sir for your quick response. Let me ask my friend about the details of the unpaid bill. She has contacted with the hospital for the record of medical bill payment. Once she gets it, I will let you know the detail too. Then would you please help assess the severity of the matter and provide further advice? Thank you in advance!

Sure. Do not worry, take your time. The session does not time out or close. I should be around and if I am not, I usually am not offline longer than 7 or 8 hours (when I sleep)!

Hello. Are you still looking up that information for me?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Giving birth in the U.S. while here as a visitor is not technically illegal, but they don't like it if public funds are used to pay for the birth. So your friend will have to prove that she paid all the medical expenses of the birth to have no issues coming back to the U.S.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!