Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Good evening pearl Wilson, pls i am about to fill the N-400

Customer Question

good evening pearl Wilson, pls i am about to fill the N-400 form for my citizenship and i dont know my fathers date of birth and it was my father that brought me to united states when i was 20yr old pls i need ur help on how to go about it.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no, i've been a legal permanent since 5 yrs now
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: nothing thats the only help i need how to fill the form bcz they ask for my fathers age
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Luckily, that most likely will not be pertinent to your case, so you can put "unknown". Write it in if you have to as the form may not let you put letters instead of numbers. Also, if you do want to get additional information about your immigration file and maybe your fathers, you can file a G-639 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request and get a complete copy of your immigration file which should include the information that you seek. It is free but may take 2 to 3 months or more to process. Here is a link: http://www.uscis.gov/g-639 My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks so much, you mean I should just write unknown inside the date of birth box?
that should be fine. It's not an issue that should cause a denial or delay of your application. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about the date he became citizen should I put unknown aswell?
If you don't know it, then yes, put unknown as well. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!