Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My ex husband and i married in feb 2014. at the time of

Customer Question

my ex husband and i married in feb 2014. at the time of uscis interview we were living apart. he moved with oct.2015 and moved out feb 2016(i found out he was cheating the whole time). assaulted me then. i married him in good faith. soon as he got his green card status. Now his 2yr removal of condition card has come up. we've only lived together those months and he tried to come back to the home 3 months ago so that he could prove he married me in good faith. i finally had the money to file for divorce in aug. 2015 and retained a lawyer and divorce feb 2016. I come to know that he has retained a lawyer to help him stay in the US. Im sure he lied to him. How do I let uscis know about him only living as husband and wife less than 6 months plus he was cheating the whole time.He did assault me in that time (arrested) but i got the case dismissed(because I loved him). Please let me know. Im not after get him but i want uscis to know the truth. since i divorced him whats the best way to go about it?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you.As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. Don’t worry - it might take some time, but we will get through it together.ANSWER: You have only two things you should do:1) Contact ICE with proof that he was cheating on you, and2) write I letter to the USCIS detailing the information you've provided here. Include the same info as you do for ICE as well as copies of the receipt or approval notices for the I-130 and I-485. Send three sets, one to each address listed on each receipt or approval notice, and one to the address to which he will be sending the I-751.Here is where you contact ICE about the potential fraud marriage: https://www.ice.gov/tiplineI hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what copies of receipt for the i-30 and i-485? question... If he was arrested with for (domestic-battery) but case was dismissed(i got it dismissed/dropped) will uscis look at that to or since the case was dismissed they will not. I don't think they know we are divorced and he was arrested.I also just checked my credit last night and found out he has kept my name(authorized user) on his credit cards in which he never removed and the only property we have together is a car a(we had it when we first filed with uscis) I don't think he is being honest an telling his lawyer the truth.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is the offer for phone
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
these questions are for james
Nobody can control what he has told the lawyer.As far as the I-130 and I-485, when they were filed, you received receipt notices. And when they were approved, you received approval notices. Those have case numbers included in them. Those case numbers will match your statements to his case.As far as the credit card issues, that is not an immigration matter.I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!