Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Pearl JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: and I am confused
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: sure
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I was on TN visa, I had 2 years left of that visa, just got laid off yesterday, I would like to know how long I have before leaving the country and come back as a canadian visitor as I am looking for jobs
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: np
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. Don’t worry - it might take some time, but we will get through it together.

ANSWER: Technically, you are out of status when you are no longer employed by the sponsoring company in the status for which you are in the US.

As far as when you must leave the US, you must do so within a reasonable amount of time to allow you to tie up your affairs. Obviously, this is vague; practically speaking, usually about 10 days is considered reasonable.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!