Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I am a foreigner, came to us 6 yrs ago, applied

Customer Question

I am a foreigner, came to us 6 yrs ago, applied for permanent resident card, but they denied. Also i have a 3 year probation for second DUI, probation ends next year on march. My mom have serious illness at home country, I have to be there ASAP. My question is: Can I leave the country? Do I need to tell PO? Even though I am coming to US. Plz answer me asap, cause I already booked a ticket
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I tried to tell that I am not coming back at all
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. You are usually not allowed to leave the US when you are on probation if you want to return to the US and be on good terms here. If you do not intend to come back to the US then it should not be an issue to depart the US. Hope you have a safe trip and that your mother gets better soon. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also I booked a flight for next week, and i have a meeting with my PO tomorrow
Yes, my answer remains the same. You are allowed to leave the US. Did you see my answer?Hope it helps and hope you can issue a positive rating.