Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a friend that came to the US in December 2000 and got

Customer Question

I have a friend that came to the US in December 2000 and got a TPS. When it was time to renew they wanted documents to prove he was here before 2001. He didn't have anything no phone, no job, no medical bills. So they didn't renew it. He is still here but didn't know what to do at that time or before he met me. Is there anything he can do now so many years later?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Can he gather enough evidence at this point? If so, of what?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. If he can gather enough evidence to prove his presence in the U.S. before the date required, he is not prevented from filing a late registration application. If not, then he will have to look for another way to "fix" his status and those are very limited. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What evidence would he need?
Plenty of articles out there, and many don't even deal with TPS, but the evidence is the same. Here is an example: http://blog.fileright.com/how-do-i-prove-physical-presence-in-the-u-s/ And here is another one on the 6th page: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/pressrelease/Section245ProvisionLIFEAct_032301.pdf Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!
Hello Ann. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello Ann. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.