Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

If ones lottery got picked in H1 lottery of status,

Customer Question

If ones lottery got picked in H1 lottery for change of status, is there any possibility that the lottery pick can be used for change of employer prior to approval?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.NO. The cap number does not become yours until the petition is approved and the new fiscal year starts - 10/01/16.Until that time the petitioner can withdraw your petition and the cap number goes back in the pot for the next person who is in line for any left overs from denied petitions or petitions that were withdrawn.So you or your petitioner may not elect to have some other employer use the cap number from the lottery, it has to go back in the pot.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand the process now. Thank you.
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.
You are welcome. Please remember to rate my answer.Judith