Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I Petition daughter on 4 -16-08,I was a green card

Customer Question

I Petition for my daughter on 4 -16-08,I was a green card holder, when I did,I became a US citizen 2012,and even now we don't know what the situation is.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country was she born in? What is her age? Is she married or single?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you would give me the information I requested, I could check her Priority Date. Since you do not give me that information, all I can tell you is if the Priority Date on the Visa Bulletin for her category is current, meaning that the date on the Visa Bulletin passed the Priority Date of her I-130, then she can immigrate. Here is a link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my daughter was born 6-4-88,she is unmarried,she was born in Jamaica, west indies, and she is still living in jamaica.

Thank you for finally responding. It looks like her Priority Date is current which means a visa is available to her at this time to be able to immigrate. Are you saying that you have not received anything from the National Visa Center (NVC) nor the U.S. Embassy in Jamaica? Did you move since you filed the petition? Did you inform the U.S. government of the move?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven't move since I filed, and my daughter also remain at the same address in jamaica.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The case # ***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Name KAMECA LOTOYA ROBERTA GORDON, THIS IS MY DAUGHTER'S NAME MY NAME IS***** BERNARD .

If you have that case number, that means the NVC is processing the case. What was the last communication that you received from the NVC? When did you receive it? When did you reply?

Again, I don't understand why you are not communicating with me when all I want to do is help. Here is a link to the NVC contact information:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/nvc/nvc-contact-information.html

Contact them and ask them what is going on with the case. They may be waiting for you to send in some fees or some forms.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my last communication was may 7, 2010, saying visa # ***** ***** available presently for this visa category.

Well, like I said, you need to contact he NVC and ask them to start resending you the immigrant process letters because a visa is now available for her. The only other option is to file an I-824 through USCIS and get them to re-forward the approved I-130 to the NVC and get that process going. You do NOT have to wait for a visa anymore, it is just processing time of around 6 to 9 months or so, but the I-824 does have a cost of $405 and here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-824

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does NOT close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. If you don't see the stars by my name, just let me know. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I called no one answering,do you have the telephone # ***** Vermont immigration office
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I send a fee or a form without it has been requested by the immigration?

Please don't forget to leave that positive rating. As I already explained, while you may want to wait until you have no further questions, that's not fair to me. Your question thread does NOT close when you leave a positive rating. I have had customers come back weeks, months and even years later to ask a follow-up on the same thread after leaving a positive rating and they are not charged again. So please trust me.

When you call the NVC number, call very early in the morning, like 7am EST. The NVC is who you need to contact.

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.