Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Only)Also, best to copy the contents in the

Customer Question

For Guillermo (only)Also, best to copy the contents in the answer and provide answers under each point. Thanks.1) is documentation loaded by the school into SEVIS must be reviewed and considered by consular officer during the one student visa interview
1a) if so, are these documents considered for information purposes, or
1b) they must be considered as the equal part with any other documentation or information collected and/obtained for the interview -- whether from independent sources or from the applicant during the interview, and be retained as case records (e.g for decision quality control audit)
1c) is there a way in SEVIS to call attention of consular officer to specific documents loaded? (Mark them so, or there's a separate folder for this, or notes filed)
Do you know how this works?
1d) can a school upload proof of financials presented to her to cover education and living expenses, and guarantee that consular officer will examine this documentation?
1e) any advise on using SEVIS as a guaranteed delivery vehicle of documentation to consular officers?(Whatever you know or point to a good FAQ/Guide)
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
1) I cannot find a regulation that says that they MUST review it, but there is no reason why they should not review it and in fact, they probably would review that more than anything else in order to find reasons to deny, but hopefully they only find reasons to approve. 1)a) They can be considered for any supporting evidence as well as information.1)b) No. The officer decides what weight to give any evidence. Obviously, things from sources that can be verified have more weight as well as things that can be cross-referenced. 1)c) Not that I am aware of. Speak to the DSO about that.1)d) I believe they can upload such things (speak to the DSO), but I don't think there is any way to guarantee that the officer will give it a proper review and that even if they did, that they would give it the proper or desired weight to that evidence.1)e) Again, speak to the DSO. Most attorneys (including myself) have very little experience with student visas and processes. Why? Because there is no money to be made in it. The schools usually do everything for free so attorneys can't really make money on it. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Hello my friend. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
then, can you definitively confirm that SEVIS and all files that might be uploaded into it by the school (for whatever reasons) ARE available to the consular officer, should he/she wanted to access them?
I cannot confirm that 100% because I've never gotten a tour of a U.S. Embassy and a tour of their computer system, but I would bet good money on it that they do have access, especially after 9/11.