Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I met a woman on a dating site and we feel that we are in love.

Customer Question

I met a woman on a dating site and we feel that we are in love. I sent money for visa and plane ticket. Now she says she need 10,000usd to show as a declaration fee before she will be allowed to board the plane. Is this a legitimate fee?
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: She asked me to send money for a ceremony to unite us so if she and I would get married here, that it didn't bring shame on the family if we had children
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Just to be clear, you never met this person. You have only been speaking with them online?
Hi, are you still with me?