Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a very old 1 797 approved with a priority date of july

Customer Question

I have a very old 1 797 approved with a priority date of july 2006 under Eb3 category. What do i do with it
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. I am a director with a bank in New York with 250K usd income on h1b1 which is for singapore nationals expiring in august 2016
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Is the job offer still available to you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it is not
Then you won't really be able to use it. HOWEVER, if a new employer were to file a new PERM Labor Certification and a new I-140, you could use the previous Priority Date so that you could file an I-485 with it and be able to apply for U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency immediately. It will still probably take about a year to a year and a half or so to get the green card, but it is a possibility. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You meant the job offer i had in 2006. Yes it was through a friend and i can still activate that offer. But what about the priority date. Can I go to US and apply immediately
If you use the H-1B1, yes, that may be possible, but you couldn't do it with let's say an ESTA Visa Waiver. The Priority Date could still be used. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But i am told the Eb3 priority date is still yet to reach july 2006. In which case i cant use it. I am confused
If you were born in the Philippines, the date is 2008 and you could thus use it. If you were born in India, that's where you would have a problem as the dates are in 2004. Here is the link: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-may-2016.html So as long as you were not born in India, you should be fine. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My question is very simple. I have aa july 2006 Eb3 approval notice. I can still activate the offer that was made to me in 2006. Can i move to US and file green card and legitimately work there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was born in India. Is the date anywhere near or close
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
And what would the next steps once the date becomes current
That's why I specifically stated India. The date is 2004 for India in EB3. So you would have two years to wait, more or less. So no, you would not come to the U.S. and immediately file for a green card. You still have a few years to wait. I am truly sorry. Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does NOT close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. If you don't see the stars by my name, just let me know. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!