How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107990
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: I have

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a child that isa US citizen
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My child (<2yrs old) is a US citizen. My H1B visa expires at the end of this year. I may not have a job after that. WHat are my options if I want to stat in the US with my child? Also, if I choose to return to India for a few years and then go back to the US for the child's schooling, what options do I have for accompanying her?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have a Green Card petition in progress, but that may not apply as I may not have a job soon.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. You cannot use your child to stay until the child turns 21. When would you be terminated?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. As to your options to stay: 1) You can find a new H-1B employer to file for you before you come off of payroll for your current employer. 2) You can change status to F-1 student, J-1 exchange, or any other status that you think you can qualify for before you come off payroll for the current H-1B employer. 3) Your current employer or a new employer can file for you to get a green card. 4) You can apply for Asylum if you qualify and are able to prove that you would be persecuted in your home country because of your race, nationality, social group, political opinion or religion. 5) You could marry a U.S. Citizen (for love, of course) and apply for Residency. 6) You could wait until your child turns 21 to petition for you. If you choose to return to India, you could apply for a B-2 to come back to the U.S. for short visits, but you would not be able to permanently reside with her in the U.S. Perhaps you could get your own F-1 to study as well. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions