Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My wife won diversity lottery . us embassy has given us interview

Customer Question

my wife won diversity lottery . us embassy has given us interview date . as husband I may have criminal record in an other country . do you think it will effect only my diversity visa application or just myself ? do I still have chance to get the visa ? thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will bet he attorney helping you todya. Your criminal record does not affect your wife's divrsiety visa. Whether your criminal record will affect YOUR immigrant visa depends on the exact crime and a few characteristics. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well i understand that my family will face no problem becsuse of my condition.so if she and my kids get the visa, how about my situation? I had bad cheques in one of the middle eastern country. it happened due to recession in 2008. once they get the visa they will move to states , hence I have to stay in my country. but my kids are only 8 so do I still have waiver opportunity?
There is a chance you can be denied. I cannot say for sure without studying your criminal record which is beyond the scope of this website. You must be honest about your convictions in any case. If it is a conviction that they will deny you due to then they will let you know at the interview. I hope this helps to clarify.