Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Pearl I want to change my status H1 to F1 & continue my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I want to change my status H1 to F1 & continue my studies . How is the process
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Yeah sure
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. The process to change your status from H1B to F1 is to fill out a form I-539 once you have a valid I-20 from a school. You need to submit the form while you are still on a valid H1B status. You can find the form on . It can take about 3-5 months right now to get a response. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.