Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

What is the timeline from marrying in NYC (I am on H1B which

Customer Question

What is the timeline from marrying in NYC (I am on H1B which expires March 1 2017) to a US Citizen - to obtain a greencard?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
The total time it takes to get a green card after filing for marriage based adjustment of status is approximately 9 months.As of March 31, 2016, the NYC office was processing I-485 applications filed on or before July 30, 2015. That is 9 months.I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.Thank you!
Hi there,I'm just checking to see if you have any additional questions. Please let me know.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.