Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

On the new N-400 Part 12 9B, if you don't have any problematic

Customer Question

On the new N-400 Part 12 9B, if you don't have any problematic affiliations to anything but just have the general Facebook, PTA, HOA, library memberships what do you do if you don't know the date you become a member and can not find it? And in how much detail should you go - mean technically you could be on Facebook in 100's of groups - does that count and have be be entered here too? Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. For U.S. Citizenship, it is better to err on the side of disclosure. Meaning that better to disclose things that are probably meaningless than fail to disclose and the may have an issue for failing to disclose. So disclose. If you do not remember dates, put approximate or "don't remember" Write in the answer if you cannot type it in, or leave it blank. You don't have to get into too many details. I fact, some of those things probably help to prove that you have good moral character. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Guillermo, so do I list all the 100s of Facebook groups I am currently in? what about things I don't even remember - mean resent things are easy but I can not recall any group or every gym membership from more than 8 years ago. Would that become a problem? Should I write something on the additional page that there might be more similar groups in the past but that I just can not recall all the info?
I wouldn't go that far either. I would say the major ones that you do remember and that you actively participated in. At the interview, if it comes up, just be honest about what you participate in and that you don't remember many of them. And no, not gym memberships! Nothing like that. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about library membership or will that fall in the same category as the gym membership? I wish they would have a list of things that you can pick from here cause the way they ask the questions it could be anything. Mean I'm a member of Amazon Prime - most probably not what they want to see but how do you know what to put down and what to leave out? Is there a list or better direction anywhere were one can see what you should leave out and not forget to add in?
Library memberships, Costco, BJs, video club memberships, all of those I would not put. Amazon Prime is also not such a membership. They are talking about things that you meet with people to discuss things and perhaps take action on things. Perhaps Kiwanis, Lion's or Rotary clubs, for example. All of those are positive things. The negatives would of course be subversive groups, etc. There really is no list. But they aren't really looking for Facebook groups and things like that. More political and action-based groups, etc. Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I cannot discuss pricing on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello Lani. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello again Lani Olsen. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.