Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Withdrawal permanent residence JA: The Immigration

Customer Question

Withdrawal for spousal permanent residence
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I hve found out that our marriage was void. I don't want the immigration to think that we were misrepresenting.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I did not declare him as my common law during my application in my permanent residence. My husband put in his appliction that we hve cohabited for 5 years. It's not true, he did not understand what cohabitation means. Although we have been together wat least 5 years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. I am not sure I understand your situation. You believe that your spouse only married you for the green card? What evidence do you have of this? Believe me, I want to help you, so please explain the evidence that you have against him.
I am not sure I understand your situation. You believe that your spouse only married you for the green card? What evidence do you have of this? Believe me, I want to help you, so please explain the evidence that you have against him.