Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am a Jamaican married to a united states citizen he wasn't

Customer Question

I am a Jamaican married to a united states citizen he wasn't working at the time when we got married now he just started a new job, will he be able to file for me to obtain my green card
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What visa did you use to enter the U.S.?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I came up on a H2b
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Yes, I am here. Sorry for the delay. I am assisting other customers at the same time. Anyway, how many people does your spouse claim on his income taxes including himself and who are they? And what is his CURRENT income?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I met him he wasn't working, he just work on a contraction site as laborer his income $600 per week
Does he have any dependents? Like minor children? Mother or father he claims, or anyone else?
Ok. Good. That means he makes enough CURRENTLY to be able to petition for your green card. When ready, he has to file the following: I-130 (Petition for family member), I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill out), and I-864 (Affidavit of support). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at www.uscis.gov/forms. The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if either of you have been married previously, proof of your spouse's U.S. Citizenship, proof of your legal entry into the U.S., and financial documents of your spouse to prove their income over the last year at least. To prove his income, and especially his CURRENT income which is what counts, he should submit the following: 1) Copies of the last income taxes.2) Copies of the last 1099s and/or W-2s.3) Copies of the last 3 to 6 bank statements.4) Copies of the Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.5) Letter from the employer on company letterhead stating salary, position, time with the company and prospects for continued employment in the near future. In about 3 to 5 months after filing, the work permit and Advance Parole (travel permit) should be issued. About 5 to 7 months after filing the interview should be scheduled (though now it is taking longer, so maybe closer to 7 to 9 months). If all goes well, a few weeks later the U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency card (green card) should come in the mail. Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I cannot discuss pricing on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, he claimed no one, his mon and Dad died no small kids
Then please review my previous answer. If you want additional help, please accept the Premium Service offer. If not, no problem, just let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Hello Paulette. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello Paulette. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.