Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am Canadian. I went Nexus / Global Entry interview.

Customer Question

I am Canadian. I went for a Nexus / Global Entry interview. At the interview I was temporarily denied for 30 days because I work for a US company outside the US and told I need to have a visa. The explanation was because I could be taking someone's job in the US and I'm getting paid in US dollars. I was told to go to the consulate and apply for an H1 B. Do I need to have a US visa when working for a US company and working outside the US? The only reason I want Global Entry is because I transit through Seattle.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What activity are you doing inside of the U.S. when you visit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am only in transit when I travel though the Seattle airport. I am not visiting or doing any work activity.
Ok. Sorry about the delay. When you took around an hour to reply, I had retired for the evening. Does your activity in the U.S. fit into the chart contained in the link below?: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/BusinessVisa%20Purpose%20Listings%20March%202014%20flier.pdf
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am only entering the USA at Seattle international airport (SEA) to transit to another country (approximately 5 hours waiting in transit to catch my next flight). I do not leave the airport and do no work while there. This is just for travel preference as I could take other flights that do not transit through the USA.
Since you have been denied entry previously, to be on the safe side, I would apply for a C-1 transit visa. Here is a link: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/other/transit.html Yes, I know that being from a Visa Waiver country, you supposedly could transit through the U.S., but as I said, to be on the safe side, I would apply for a C-1 transit visa, just in case. You can show non-immigrant intent and that your activity in the U.S. is contained in that chart that I provided. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello Don. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!