Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

I have a green card worked in USA months ( February-

Customer Question

I have a green card worked in USA for 10 months ( February- Dec 2014) then returned in six months( August ) currently doing online work with same us company planing on re entering after gap of 10months July and filing 1 131, how long does it take take to complete biometrics once application is sent in the mail, does biometrics need to be completed before completion of one year from date of previous (August 2016)
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It can take up to 90 days for biometrics appointment.

You can request an expedite if you have travel plans and include a prepaid Fedex airbill and write a request for expedited appointment and request it be sent to you via the airbill you include.

If they deny the expedite you have to return to the US to have biometrics done, as currently they cannot be done abroad.

Biometrics must be done for each I-131. Even if you filed for one less than one year ago you could have committed murder and become a known member of ISIS in the interim of filing the new request for re-entry permit.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Expert:  Judith replied 5 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In trying to get reentry permit what are good reasons to give for reasons for proposed travel
Is need to arrange for repair and selling of property considered valid reason
I hope you are not going to charge anything for this answer
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

I would be happy to continue to work with you but it has been almost a month and you never rated my prior answer which can only leave me feeling you were dissatisfied with my service and would prefer another expert.

You may not realize it but this is how I make my living. Experts receive zero compensation for their time and knowledge when a customer does not rate their answer.

Our last exchange was May 9th and today is June 6th and I gave you a full and complete answer to the original question. You paid nothing for the answer and ignored my inquiry about your satisfaction for a month.

Now you are asking a new and totally different issue question which needs to be a new question thread for which you would pay additional. You asked about expedite biometrics previously and now you are asking about I-131 acceptable purposes.

Not fair. I am sure you consider your time and work worthy of being paid. I feel the same way.