Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I got

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I got a DUI last friday and my company files foor H1B extension 2 weeks back - will that complecate?
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: it's DUI & H1B Stamping
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Yes, there can be a problem now with H1B stamping if you have been charged with DUI.Have you been found guilty?Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 6 months ago.
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/AILA/Agenda%20Spring%202016%20Qs+As.pdfLook at #7 & 8
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What does guilty mean? I have been arrested on Friday and released later. Court appearance on August.
Expert:  Judith replied 6 months ago.
Guilty means you have gone before a judge and he found you guilty.However, now state law enforcement are informing Dept of State of arrests for DUI because they are considered a public danger and visas are being cancelled.Also, USCIS is also being informed of DUI by state law enforcement.This is all new.You need to inform your lawyer of this issue.If you can get your case dismissed yu will not have any problem with the extension.You may still be required to go through a medical when going for visa stamping for a panel attorney to determine if you have a medical addiction to alcohol and are a danger to the public.I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 6 months ago.
May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.Judith