Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

I am a spouse of a legal USA citizen and Ia a Green Card

Customer Question

Hi, I am a spouse of a legal USA citizen and Ia a Green Card Holder aged 62. I have no medical insurance and am in urgent need of bilateral hip replacements. Do I fill out the DHS form as best I can and hope? I am disabled by the pain and also but the collapse of the joints.
Thank you
Louise Ferguson
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. Don’t worry - it might take some time, but we will get through it together. Which DHS form are you referring to?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you James. I will get the form. One moment.
Arkansas Department of Human Services Application for Health Coverage
What kind of health coverage are you seeking, exactly? Medicaid? How long have you been a permanent resident?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It seems I may qualify for Medicaid but it is urgent and their program takes at least 6 months of bureacracy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am unable to call you - I apologize!
I am confused as to why this is question is in the immigration topic area.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I see, would a permanent resident not have to ask these questions?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am confused and in pain, perhaps I have made an error in asking you. I apologize. I am relatively "new" to your country!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Perhaps this is a question for my doctor?? Sorry to have wasted your time. Go well.
Well, there are some potential implications related to your spouse's Affidavit of Support, which s/he filed on your behalf. If this is considered a means-tested public benefit, then he would be responsible for repaying the costs of the benefits you draw, as agreed-to when he filed the I-864. But in terms of how quickly you can get coverage, that is something only the Arkansas Department of Human Services can answer for you. I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge. And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that. Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job. A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My email is [email protected] thank you for your help, James.
Hi Louise, I am not quite sure what you are seeking by providing you email address. Can you please clarify what that is?
Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers. I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next. Thank you.