Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I am a permanent resident, married and have 2 children aged

Customer Question

I am a permanent resident, married and have 2 children aged 25 and 8. I am having on-going problems with my wife and therefore filled immigration documents that I was never unmarried and without children. Now that I want my child aged 8 and his caretaker and the caretaker's children to travel to the US, will that militate against me and what do I do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm so sorry but I do not quite understand your question. Do you mean that when you received your permanent residency you stated in the application that you are not married and that you do not have any children? How did you get your permanent residency?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My permanent residency was based on winning diversity visa lottery wherein as principal applicant the follow-up condition was the acquisition of a university degree. I played the lottery alone and did not include names of my spouse and children
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The issue of spouse and children was stated basically for who I was/were to travel with me or accompany me later and not a condition for winning the lottery.
I see, thanks for the explanation and sorry for the delay. I understand it was not a condition of winning the lottery but, when the application asked if you were married or single and if you had any children, what did you say?