Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
26296561

I was arrested first time in my

Customer Question

I was arrested for prostitution for the first time in my life in ny and i will probably get an acd, i need to apply for a j1, will i be able to get it with an acd pending?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Joseph Rizzo replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. This is a topic best discussed offline. I will create premium service for you if you like so that we can talk on the telephone. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry i already accepted a free trial...i should be able to get an answer
ok i will opt out. if you decide you want to discuss with me further later on. please let me know, you can open another question and say for joe only. good luck. hope everything works out for you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally, because the initial charge is prostitution, which is a crime of moral turpitude, generally, a person who was charge with such case, would not be approved for any type of US Visa, while the case is pending, which ACD basically is, the case is still kept open and pending.I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.