Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Application j1 while on acd JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

***** ***** application for a j1 while on acd
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes i was arrested for the 1st time in my life and got an acd and i need to apply for a j1 to work as a teacher...will the j1 be denied by uscis while acd is pending?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. You understand that many J-1 visas are subject to the two year home residency requirement? What was the arrest for?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Prostitution, my j1 should be exempt
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have still to apply for it however
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are u there?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My apologies. I had a family emergency to attend to and was not able to get back to you until now. Unfortunately, they most likely will not approve your J-1 until your criminal case is closed. An ACD is good as it will not count as a conviction against you, but USCIS will want to see that it is closed like that before approving the J-1. I would try to get the case closed as quickly as possible and make sure that you keep certified copies of the police report and court dispositions with you whenever you travel and whenever you apply for an immigration benefit. Also, if you apply for a J-1, try to find a program that does not require that you go back home for 2 years before you can get certain types of visa statuses or before you can get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. And again, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!