Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I want to know how to ship raw gold from Africa to the US.

Customer Question

I want to know how to ship raw gold from Africa to the US. I am afraid of a scam.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. I would like to speak with one whom is familar with this
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My friend says her daddy has 18 Kilos of raw gold in bars. she says he has the owners certificate. They would to ship the gold here, to avoid at 45% tax there and then sell the gold here
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Only that they are citizens of Africa.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. What country is your friend from - Ghana or Nigeria?