Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I just wanna know if I can sponser

Customer Question

Hi ,
my name is pakeeza.
I just wanna know if I can sponser my friend for American visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Sponsor how? As a spouse? As a fiance? As a an employer? And to get what type of visa? To do what?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that what i'm asking im not sure on what type of visa I can sponsor her here, as she's only my friend not a spouse , fiancé or friend. I was wondering if I can sponsor her here in visit visa?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Employer*
Probably not. What job offer would you have for her? What level of education does she have? What level of education does the job require? Would you be paying the same wage that any U.S. worker would make? Would you be able to prove that she would not be taking away a job from a U.S. worker?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she's electric engineer I don't have any job for her I don't own any company but I can help her in finding jobs and everything
Then unfortunately, you cannot sponsor her. She has to find a job offer. You can only sponsor her if you have a company as an employer or if you are a relative including a fiancé. Does she have a job offer lined up? Does she have money to invest? How much? Are you willing to marry her? Is she willing to just visit?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. There are generally 5 avenues to obtain U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. They are through family, through employment, through Asylum or refugee process, through investment, or through the lottery.For family, it must be immediate family such as U.S. Citizen spouse or U.S. Citizen children over 21 in order to be able to come immediately. U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident parents or U.S. Citizen siblings, or Lawful Permanent Resident spouses can also help, but the wait for that is about 4 to 12 years or so. Through employment, she would have to generally prove that she would not be taking away a job from a U.S. worker and the less experience and education she has, the harder that is to do. Through Asylum or Refugee process, she must prove that she would be persecuted, tortured or killed if she stayed in her country and that this will happen to her because of her nationality, race, religion, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group, not because she would run the same risk as anyone else in her country to fall victim to a crime or bad economic conditions. Through investment, she is looking at generally $1,000,000.00 for a residency, or if she wants a temporary visa, probably at least $100,000 or $200,000 investment to start. And through the lottery, it would be very difficult to win one of the 50,000 visas available per year and some countries do not qualify. Here is a link to the different forms to get a green card: http://www.uscis.gov/greencard Then there are some visas available where she can stay temporarily and then later change to Lawful Permanent Residency if she qualifies.Some of the visas available through employment (if she has a job offer and she qualifies) are:H-1B for professional workersH-2A for seasonal agricultural workersH-2B for seasonal nonagricultural workersH-3 for industrial traineesThen there are the F-1 and M-1 for students and J-1 for exchange visitors.And then there is the E-1 for treaty traders and E-2 for treaty investors (these types of visas are not available in all countries).Here is a link to most of the available visas: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/visa-wizard.html I wish I had better news for you, but at least you have the options. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!