Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My daughter in law (Russian) has applied work permit,

Customer Question

My daughter in law (Russian) has applied for a work permit, green card and for their marriage to be recognized as legal in the us. The paper for all was submitted by a lawyer and still no answer. Is it possible to check the status of the applications online? What is the reasonable about of time to get a response?
Submitted: 7 months ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today with your question. Sure, it is possible to check the status and progress of the application online but you would need to have the receipt number of the Green card (i-485) application. That would have been sent to her at her home a few weeks after sending everything in. The website to check is here. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.doThe average processing time for this is 5-6 months total to get a response. First she would receive a notice to get fingerprints done at about 2 months after mailing everything and then get an interview notice at about 5 months. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.