Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Can a person on a business visa which is valid years

Customer Question

Can a person on a business visa which is valid for 2 years and have used six months and existed out and came back for another six months, apply for a political asylum visa? Can I legally remain in the U.S.? Or do I have to exist myself again, since is the first time seeking asylum, please advise.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Legally yes, a person in that position can apply for political asylum. They can also legally remain inside the US in a temporary while the asylum application is pending until a decision is reached even if their visa expires. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.