Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I filed I 129F Petition Fiance and just received

Customer Question

I filed I 129F Petition for Alien Fiance and just received a letter requesting more evidence. When I filed the petition, I sent many documents and included a letter explaining the ongoing relationship with my fiance. I met my fiance once during the engagement party, but I didn't take pictures with her because it's against her religion not to and I only met her once during the meeting, and I can't physically meet her because of religion restrictions. Anyhow, I received a letter requesting more evidence. The letter acknowledged my passport stamps as proof that I was in her country 19 months ago and requested photos for both of us together, and pictures of the engagement party, a letter from my fiance indicating that we have met. Or all these personal requirements may be waived under two circumstances; extreme hardship waiver or violation of customs. What should I do in this Case?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Please give me a few minutes to go over your question and I will be right back.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay
Yes, there are some circumstances where these things can be waived. However, extreme hardship would not be a factor in your case.You can try to claim that you do not have pictures of the event or photos together because it is a violation of your customs. You should write a letter explaining your fiance's religion and why photos were not allowed of the whole event. You should also provide some official literature about the religion where it states about pictures and limitations on meeting. In addition, I do suggest that you ask your fiance to at least write a letter indicating that you have met. Her writing a letter has nothing to do with pictures and she should be able to provide that. You can also have other people who were at the engagement party and witnessed you two meeting each other write a brief affidavit stating that they witnessed you two meeting. Have them write their name, address and date of birth and if possible, attach a copy of their passport. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
so, should I do the customs violation waiver or continue with my case without pictures
Honestly, it is a very difficult waiver to win. Rather I suggest you write a letter as I Explained above addressing why you do not have pictures due to religious customs along with the other suggestions I mentioned above to send in such as fiance's letter and affidavits from other people.I hope this answers your question and hopefully I have earned your positive rating.