Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am waiting response on the I-131 form husband. The current processin

Customer Question

Hello. I am waiting for a response on the I-131 form for my husband. The current processing time is 3 months at the National Benefits Center, and the file was received on 2/22/16. Is it true that if immigration waits until the last minute to respond, that means they will deny approval? Our lawyer is waiting for the approval of this form in order to proceed with the rest of the petition. Very worried.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Is it true that if immigration waits until the last minute to respond, that means they will deny approval? No, it is not true that just because you have not yet received the response yet (last minute) that it will be denied. The USCIS officers process the applications in the order that they receive them. Sometimes, depending on the officer, they are able to process it faster and sometimes they may get closer to the 3-4 months. I have received many approvals even at the 3 or 4 month mark. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.