Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I have a B1 B2 visa. It expires June 1. I applied extension,

Customer Question

I have a B1 B2 visa. It expires June 1. I applied for an extension, 2 months ago. Following up with USCIS, the are backlogged. They are working on visas submitted on November 4. Can I stay in the US until I receive word on the extension or do I have to leave when my visa expires in June?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I"ll be with right you.
Yes, legally you are allowed to remain in the US until you receive a response on your B1/B2 status extension. You are in a temporary legal status even when your current I-94 expires. If your extension does get denied eventually, you should depart from the US immediately, within a few days. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.