Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My father petitioned me and approved on 1996. But my father

Customer Question

My father petitioned me and approved on 1996. But my father died on 2000. Is this petition still valid? Do I have a chance to get a non-immigrant visa because two times I had been refused?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
I assume you are from Mexico? Was the I-130 approved before your father passed away or after he passed away?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. If the petition was approved BEFORE your father passed away, yes, it is still valid. Approval is NOT when a visa becomes available. For some categories and for persons from certain countries, it sometimes is a very long wait, many years, in fact, so an approval could have come a few months after the I-130 was filed or maybe a few years. So assuming it was approved before your father passed on, then yes, it is still valid. You just need a substitute sponsor. This is called Humanitarian Reinstatement. Here is an official link: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/humanitarian-reinstatement My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.