Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am Canadian Citizen andI had my interview resident in

Customer Question

I am Canadian Citizen andI had my interview for permanent resident in US on 19 feb/2016 in Montreal. The officer ask me to send document and I have to stay in canada for one month. i send my document on 29 feb/2016. I am living in US since F1 student visa since 2013. How long does it take to get my immigrant visa? my status still shows its "Ready"
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
Sorry for the delay. So you are currently outside of the U.S. waiting? And it has been almost 2 months since you have heard anything from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate? Have you tried to contact them? What do they say?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes, I am in Brampton Ontario since 29 Feb/2016. I check my status online it was gone through Adminsitratative Processing for more than six weeks and now the status shows Ready from last two weeks. I tried to call US Consulate in Montreal, no one answered me. I am very frustrate why does it take so long they just need my Indian and Canadian Passport. My two children are in Michgan.
Probably it is taking so long because of limited officers available to review cases and lots of cases to review. I think they just have to schedule you for immigrant visa stamping and that can take a bit if there are lots of people that applied before you. I honestly don't think it should take more than a week or two. Keep trying to contact them every week, but do give it another week and if you do not hear anything, contact one of your three U.S. Congressmen to get them involved. Here is a link: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!