Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I had medical delinquency situation with my mother, who

Customer Question

I had medical delinquency situation with my mother, who visited us in United states on B2 visa. She had to be admitted to the Emory Johns creek hospital for Congestive Heart Failure 10 days after her arrival to the USA via 911 emergency call. She was in ICU for 3 days and 3 days in general care for which the total medicall bill is $63000. I had purchased a comprehensive visitor insurance coverage for her for the first month ( Nov - Dec 2015) of 100,000$ limit with $250 deductible. I had signed I-134 affidavit of support also while sponsoring her visa in which I had stated that I shall provide for medical expense in addition to other expenses. I signed the admission document which was asked by Emory hospital in the emergency department but did not provide my SSN . My mother does not have SSN being on B2 and I mentioned my name also as emergency contact information for her. Now the insurance company has denied the claim stating they do not cover preexisting conditions. Emory clinic and Hospital have been sending me the bills for past 3 months now and they have sent a final Bill on my mothers name stating that it would go to collections. I tried reaching out to Legal shield - Medical claims attorney but the appeal process seems to be moving very slowly. Insurance company is asking for more documents to provide relating to my mothers past medical History. She had Blood pressure for past 30-40 years and angina pain 20 years back. Insurance company says they are denying the bill for poorly regulated blood pressure, Coronary artery Disease and the medication she received in India. I have I-140 approved through my current employer and was waiting for my date to become current to file I-485. Can this kind of medical delinquency have any effect on my I-485 filing?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question. In the mean time, please keep in mind that I might be working with several customers at the same time. This means you might experience delays. Do not worry - I will be here and will continue to assist you int he order your question was received. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.
I see you have requested a phone call. Would you like me to send you an offer to discuss this by phone? There is an additional fee for that type of Additional Service.