Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Thanks I have followed your advice and submitted the

Customer Question

Thanks
I have followed your advice and submitted the documents on 4-14-2016. But till date my case status on uscis website is not updated.
Please update me when will they put it online that they have received the papers. Regards
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. ANSWER: Unfortunately, there is no way to know when the information online will be updated. It all depends on how quickly the officer updates the record, and how quickly the system updates from the record. The things about the online status update system is that it is can be inaccurate and out of date. Why? Because it depends on a human to update and input information in order to get updated at some point. I would wait at least 2-3 weeks before expecting it to update. And even then, it might not do so before you get a response. One thing you can do is call the national customer service line and ask whether your documents have been received and the status of the case. If the first representative you speak to cannot assist with that information, then ask to speak with a Level 2 officer who can assist you in more detail, and set up a service request for you. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers. I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next. Thank you.