Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Judith, Continuing from my previous query, I have

Customer Question

******
Continuing from my previous query, I have
I have filed an expedite request at USCIS today for both COS & H4 EAD and they said burden to prove my case rests on me.
I want to give you the details of my case and seek your recommendation for points to prove financial loss to individual in the cover letter - in order to build a strong case
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
26 April 2016 04:06
Case Background:
I came on Dependent Spouse Visa (H-4) and enrolled at International Technological University (http://itu.edu/). After enrolling I filed for COS ( H4 -F1) which was approved in Feb 2015. After coming on F1 - my university allowed me to do internship, which I did as follows :
Summer 2015 - Juniper Networks,
Fall 2015 - Applied Materials,
Spring 2016 - Continuation with Applied Materials - my spring internship ends on May 6 2016
Also all these internships are a part of my university curriculum & I have taken classes in parallel, maintained a high GPA and all my internship providers and the dates of internship are mentioned on my F1 CPT I-20s which are submitted along with my case to the USCIS.
My present employer ( Applied Materials Inc.) wants to extend my internship further ( full time - 40hrs/week) and provided me another offer letter. This is the internship (full time) offer letter I have from Applied Materials - on the basis of which I have raised an expedite request.
Now on 3 March 2016, USCIS received my application for change of status ( F1 - H4) and Work Authorization (H4 EAD - based on spouse I-140 approval) and have got my case expedited citing " severe financial loss to individual" .
Family Background
My husband is the sole bread earner - financial support to me and to his parents covering house rents, medical bills, utilities, and food bills to name the few. Also additionally, we have paid a lot of money to attorney fees to file this case for us. We are on a tight financial spot and in order to manage all expenses plus upcoming expenses since we are going to start a family - I need to take this full time internship at Applied Materials.This internship at Applied is also unique to my skill sets of both Business and Engineering and thus they have been extending my internship since September.
Your Help
We require your help in preparing strong case for expedite request - esp the cover letter so as to how to highlight the financial loss to convince USCIS to expedite and approve the processing of case.
Please let me know if you need any other clarification or details or would like to See the pdf of document mailed to USCIS
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
I understand your financial situation totally, however, writing this type of cover letter is legal representation which JustAnswer does not allow. We can provide general information only.As you indicated you have an attorney and that is who you need to turn to for assistance in composing this cover letter. This is how lawyers support themselves and if it costs you additional for this assistance, that is what their time is worth. I cannot assist further with this cover letter other than the suggestions I made in your prior post.I will opt out and open this to other attorneys in this category.Judith
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Judith
I think u got us wrong totallyi was looking for general points on cover letter in context of financial loss to "individual"
Ur previous cover letter was in context of loss to organization
Which is a diff stageI opened a separate paid forum with to get you GENERAL INPUTS FOR FINANCIAL LOSS TO INDIVIDUAL
However Very Disappointed you Misundertood my requirement due the the time and energy lost at Both ends
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
26 April 2016 04:06
Case Background:I came on Dependent Spouse Visa (H-4) and enrolled at International Technological University (http://itu.edu/). After enrolling I filed for COS ( H4 -F1) which was approved in Feb 2015. After coming on F1 - my university allowed me to do internship, which I did as follows :Summer 2015 - Juniper Networks,Fall 2015 - Applied Materials,Spring 2016 - Continuation with Applied Materials - my spring internship ends on May 6 2016Also all these internships are a part of my university curriculum & I have taken classes in parallel, maintained a high GPA and all my internship providers and the dates of internship are mentioned on my F1 CPT I-20s which are submitted along with my case to the USCIS.My present employer ( Applied Materials Inc.) wants to extend my internship further ( full time - 40hrs/week) and provided me another offer letter. This is the internship (full time) offer letter I have from Applied Materials - on the basis of which I have raised an expedite request.Now on 3 March 2016, USCIS received my application for change of status ( F1 - H4) and Work Authorization (H4 EAD - based on spouse I-140 approval) and have got my case expedited citing " severe financial loss to individual" .Family Background
My husband is the sole bread earner - financial support to me and to his parents covering house rents, medical bills, utilities, and food bills to name the few. Also additionally, we have paid a lot of money to attorney fees to file this case for us. We are on a tight financial spot and in order to manage all expenses plus upcoming expenses since we are going to start a family - I need to take this full time internship at Applied Materials.This internship at Applied is also unique to my skill sets of both Business and Engineering and thus they have been extending my internship since September.Your HelpWe require your help in preparing strong case for expedite request - esp the cover letter so as to how to highlight the financial loss to convince USCIS to expedite and approve the processing of case.Please let me know if you need any other clarification or details or would like to See the pdf of document mailed to USCIS