Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

US citizen parents' Green card application , I applied

Customer Question

US citizen parents' Green card application
Hi, I applied for my parents green card and their application got accepted and was sent for further processing to the Potomac processing center. My parents are in India. what documents will be needed at the time of their interview and who can fill the affifavit of support for them if I am not eligible?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
Hello. Sorry about the delay. It was very busy when you posted. Unfortunately, even if you do not make enough money under the I-864, you MUST still file one. If you don't make enough, you will need a Joint Sponsor. You can look for a Joint Sponsor for the financial aspect of the case. This Joint Sponsor must also file the same Affidavit of Support that you do and submit the same evidence that you still have to submit. The Joint Sponsor can be any U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that is over the age of 18 that makes the minimum amount. It does not have to be a family member or a household member. As far as the documents for the interview, they will receive a detailed list. This list may change, but basically it would be original birth certificates and marriage certificate and perhaps divorce certificates. Also a medical exam for each and a police clearance letter for each. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello Ahmed. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!