Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My I-140 approved last week and I want to change the employer

Customer Question

My I-140 approved last week and I want to change the employer . I heard that after 180 days of I-140 approval even though old employee revoke or with draw the green card petition we can still port the date ? Is that true ??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question. In the mean time, please keep in mind that I might be working with several customers at the same time. That means you might experience slight delays in communication. Please do not take this. Do not worry - I will continue to assist you until I have answered your questions.
Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. If you understand that, please answer the following: Are you currently in the US? If so, what is your current status in the US?