Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

You've helped me with several questions regarding my

Customer Question

Hello, you've helped me with several questions regarding my friend in Algeria who is applying for a tourist visa to visit me here in the US.
My question now is regarding travel plans. At his interview for the visa (in June), does he need to have actual travel plans/tickets booked for his trip? Since he doesn't know if he'll be approved or not, it seems impractical to buy any tickets. But does the consulate want to see definite plans in the form of a plane ticket?
On the visa application he put an estimate of the dates of his travel. Is he able to change that at all? I mean if he is approved, is he able to choose another month to do his traveling?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome back and thank you for requesting me by name. It certainly helps to have an itinerary and concrete travel plans. He can get refundable tickets in this aspect. And yes, he can change his plans, of course, but the idea is that they want to see that he stay temporarily and that he has strong ties to his home and that he will go back home when the time comes. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!