Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

If someone is on l1b and his extension has been filed once

Customer Question

if someone is on l1b and his extension has been filed once the visa and i-94 expired, can a person work on a different location if he is under 240 day period
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Are you asking if they can work at a different location for the employer who filed the extension or are you asking if a new employer can file a new petition to change employer now?Judith
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am asking if they can work at a different location for the same employer but different client who filed the extension on L1-B even if the visa is expired and I-94 also has expired but the extension has been filed and the person is under 240 day period awaiting response from USCIS.
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
Yes, as long as you are in the 240 days you can work at a new location. The job position/description at new location must be same. Unlike the H1B which requires a Labor Condition Application the L1B does not.Since the extension is still pending it would be prudent for the employer to write to USCIS and inform them of an amendment to the location of work site., I am sure you understand your positive ratingis very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receivecompensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will beyour personal immigration expert.Judith
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i wanted to provide you more detail. My employer is TCS and i was working for Bank of america client when my extension was filed on 11th Nov 2015. Both my l1-B and I-94 has expired on 28th Dec 2015. Now i have been released from the project under bank of america and got a new project under PNC bank at cleveland but the employer will be same and job position will also be same. So i can still work from cleveland right under 240 day period?
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
There is not the same limitations on the L1B that there are on the H1B.Again, you employer needs to sent notification to USCIS of the amendment to the work site location on the I-129 petition., I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith