Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I have signed this agreement since my employer asked me to

Customer Question

I have signed this agreement since my employer asked me to sign this to apply for if i leave my current employer and join another employer.does it going to create problem for me
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. What does the agreement say?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please check it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is this agreement legally valid.because it does not say the title as non compete agreement
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you please give me reply
Please note that we are helping several people on the website. We will be with you soon but sometimes it takes longer when there are no other experts online. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you once confirm me whether is it a non compete agreement and is it valid and legal in usa
Thank you again for waiting. Here is your response.Yes, the agreement seems to be legally valid even in terms of the non-compete clause because it seems to be sufficiently specific. For example, it states 50 mile radius which has previously been upheld by Indiana courts as a valid geographic region. So if you do go work for a direct competitor of your employer within 12 months after you leave your current employer and the new employer is located within a 50 mile radius from your current employer , it could definitely create issues for you. I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws in the US and I cannot change them. I can only explain the current state of the law. Hope you can rate me based on my service to you. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So is this agreement valid for only fifty mile radius.for example this agreement is for Indianapolis and my new job is in will I have any problem
It is only valid for the 50 mile radius. Hope that clears it up for you and hope you can now issue a positive rating.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So the employer can't take any legal action outside 50 mile radius right?
No, legally the agreement only covers 50 miles.Best of luck. Please do not forget the rating. Thanks for your consideration.
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my last response. Is there anything else I can clarify as I see you have not left a rating. Hope to have earned your positive rating. We do not earn a salary on this website so the only way we receive any credit at all for our time is through your rating by choosing the stars or happy faces. Thanks in advance.