Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: My Employer

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My Employer is trying to revoke my H1B .How long will USCIS take to revoke a petition ?
JA: Estate law can seem daunting, but getting accurate information now can save you headaches down the road. The attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am currently working for one of the employers in Maryland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: He has filled a H1B valid until July 2016 and he is planning to revoke it by sending a letter/informing to USCIS ? Meanwhile,I found a different employer who is planning to transfer the current H1B using the receipt number.How long does it take for USCIS to revoke the H1B ? Will i be out of status once the petition gets revoked ? Does H1B Transfer to new company work ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.My Employer is trying to revoke my H1B .How long will USCIS take to revoke a petition ?USCIS generally enters the petition as revoked based on the date the employer puts on the letter they send to withdraw.If they put April 23, 2016 it is revoked as of April 23, 2016 even if it is received April 30, 2016.Meanwhile,I found a different employer who is planning to transfer the current H1B using the receipt number.How long does it take for USCIS to revoke the H1B ?Best recommendation is to file the new petition ASAP. Sometimes you get lucky and the new petition with supporting evidence of pay stubs up to the last pay period before filing will allow the adjudicator to not check thoroughly about your past H1B history and they won't see it has been revoked.Will i be out of status once the petition gets revoked ?Yes, if new petition is not filed.Does H1B Transfer to new company work ?Same as the original, the new employer files a new Labor Condition Application and new I-129 Petition.You can pay yourself the $1225 premium processing fee so you have a review within 15 days. That is a smart thing to do because USCIS just received 85K new petitions for the new cap and your petition will be at the bottom of the pile. , I am sure you understand your positive ratingis very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receivecompensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will beyour personal immigration expert.Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.Judith