Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I married my wife in 2006,she moved here in 2006 as well,I

Customer Question

I married my wife in 2006,she moved here in 2006 as well,I brought her son here shortly there after,she abandoned the marriage/house in December 2007,but continues to get her green card renewed,no one has ever contacted me about our marriage or anything else,now she's applying for citizenship,but I was to understand she has had to live in the same house with me in marriage for three consecutive years,how is all this possible,unless she's falsifying her applications
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I turn her into the US IS for this if she did falsify her applications
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. Please note that I do not participate in the phone call offers that are automatically generated by this site. However, I can continue to provide information to your questions here.Marriage is not the only grounds some immigrants have for filing a permanent residency application. If she obtained her green card through direct employment in the U.S., a job offer or your investment in a U.S.-based enterprise, the marriage – or lack thereof – has no impact on a current immigration status. Thus, she can apply for citizenship provided she meets the requirements for doing so. A divorce will not adversely affect an application.Additionally, one can apply for citizenship after 3 years of being a permanent residence due to marriage. Now, if you were divorced before the 3 years, then she would need to wait 5 years. Of course, if you feel you can show that she has falsified her application, you can certainly report it to the USCIS in Baltimore and they will investigate.
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know, if you have other questions or need more information in this regard. Otherwise a positive rating will ensure I get credit for my time and information. Thank you.