Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith, what are the requirements a production company must

Customer Question

hi judith, what are the requirements a production company must have in order to give me a deal memo contract for my o1 visa
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am applying as an assistant director for my o1 visa. i have all my recommendation letters done and other files ready except for my crew deal memos. Though i have work here in Los Angeles, no one is ready to give me a contract for coming 3 years, as we never know what projects could take off or not. So i have a couple of friends who have their production companies registered as LLC here. i am thinking of taking their help for crew deal memos. but i do not exactly know, what are the requirements a company has to match in order to provide me a contract please help me out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.
In order for these companies to sponsor you the company has to show two things:1. That it has an earnings history that will enable it to pay you the salary they offer you in the petition; and2. That they have the need for your services - that they have contracts, ongoing projects, etc., that require the services of an assistant director.This second issue may be what is holding back other production companies from filing for you, they cannot show USCIS their company has the need.They cannot just petition you, bring you here and have you sit on the bench with no work.The petitioning company does not have to petition you for a full 3 years. If they have a project that will take off but is of limited duration, then they would file a petition only for the anticipated length of that project.Of course, I am sure you understand yourpositive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is howwe receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will beyour personal immigration expert.Judith