Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I have 3 children in the Philippines. 2 are 18 and 20 years

Customer Question

I have 3 children in the Philippines. 2 are 18 and 20 years old and 1 is still a minor. I'm completing an I-864 for them. Questions: Part 5 #4...do I add 2 as dependents even if I don't claim any of them as dependents in my taxes? On Part 3, do I add them as family members?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Yes I am still here. But I am working with several customers at the same time. And often it takes some time to prepare responses. Please be patient as I do so. Thank you!
I am slightly confused. If you are sponsoring them, then you do not check #4 because that is under the area that says persons NOT being sponsored in this affidavit. Are you asking because each child need his own I-865?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes and I am concerned that I am giving them the wrong total number of dependents
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, do I list the other two children on part 3 since they are all immigrating at the same time?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
$52 on top of the $38?
OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you! ANSWER: In part 5, number 4, you need to put the other two children who are not in this specific affidavit. For Part 3, you do not include anything else because those are for derivatives on the same affidavits. Since each child who has an I-130 requires his own I-864, you don't include them in that part. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers. I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next. Thank you.