Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Are US permanent residents eligible to earn a "Level 5 public

Customer Question

Are US permanent residents eligible to earn a "Level 5 public trust" or is it a requirement to be a US citizen to earn one? I am a permanent reaident, does that make me ineligible for a level 5 public trust? I am going through an interview process and the recruiter has asked me to confirm whether i am eligible to get it.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Please allow me a few minutes to read your question carefully and I'll be right back with you.
Hello again.. Sorry for the delay. I'm afraid I will not have very good news for you about this. I Hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I cannot change it. And hope you can rate me based on my service to you. Non- US citizens are not allowed to obtain a security clearance. The exception is that they can be given a Limited Access Authorization (LAA) in few cases where the non US citizen has a unique skill or expertise that is needed urgently to support a a specific US government programs, projects, contracts, licenses, certificates, or grants.Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hi there.. I am just checking in to make sure you were able to view my answer to you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can clarify for you. Happy to help.Hope to have earned your positive rating. We do not earn a salary on this website so the only way we receive any credit at all for our time is through your rating by choosing the stars or happy faces. Thanks in advance.